Diploma in Life, Leadership & Business Coaching
May – October 2021
The programme will be delivered through Live Virtual (Zoom) Learning Sessions
Engage live with programme facilitators and peers just as you would in a face-to-face learning environment.
Gain a Nationally Recognised Coaching Qualification!
If you have a desire to help, support and influence others to live life more fully, achieve their goals and improve their levels of personal and professional performance, then coaching is for you.
Participants on our coach training programmes come from a wide range of work backgrounds, e.g. managers; team leaders; self employed professional / business people; teachers; health care professionals and trainers.
The diversity of personal and professional backgrounds and experience of course participants always contributes to a creative and enriching learning environment.
What will this Coaching Diploma give you?
- A comprehensive set of coaching skills, techniques and models
- Develop self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Develop a personal coaching style
- A clear understanding of your values and how they motivate you
- Communicate with clarity and influence others
- Help create a coaching culture and a positive work environment
- Develop and hone your leadership skills to deliver results through others
- Strategies to develop and maintain work-life balance
Organisational coaching promotes staff welfare and well being through:
- Fostering principles of accountability, responsibility and empowerment
- Managing and developing talent
- Greater flexibility and adaptability to change
- Improved working relationships
- Encouraging staff retention
- Enhancing resilience
This Programme has been designed by professional coaches who have over 20 years experience in education, coaching and training. The syllabus is reviewed annually and updated to incorporate the latest developments in coaching skills, models and research.
The Award is accredited by the Association for Coaching (AC) and Certified by QQI Level 6 (Component Certificate in Professional Coaching Practice and Ethics).
CoachAcademy PLUS is a recognised QQI training provider.
Having been awarded our Diploma in Life and Business Coaching you may apply for Professional Coaching Accreditation from the Association for Coaching. We will be delighted to support, resource and assist you during the application process.
Module 1: Life and leadership coaching principles and ethics
Module 2: Developing the Coaching Mindset and Skills
Module 3: Developing Emotional Intelligence – applying the coaching skills
Module 4: Coaching Models of Practice for the business / work context
Module 5: Team Coaching
The course is interactive, combining a balance between coaching theory and practice. Participants will be encouraged to learn by doing and to continuously reflect on new learning experiences. Continuous reflective practicewill enable coaching perspectives and skills to be firmly embedded.
Our training design and delivery is based on ‘brain friendly’ methodologies, which incorporate some of the latest developments in neuroscience, positive psychology and NLP.
A wide and varied range of training / learning methodologies will be used, e.g. live interactive Zoom sessions, coaching demonstrations, discussion groups, peer coaching practice sessions and observer triad coaching skills practice with constructive feedback.
We firmly believe that one of the most important dimensions of the coach training process is the continuous personal and professional development of the course participant.
Therefore, we encourage and support course participants to:
- Become more self aware
- Make more conscious decisions daily
- Develop a positive mental attitude about self, others, life
- Learn to detach from the outcome
- Set goals, plan, focus, embrace fear, take action and review.
Course participants are invited to keep a written journal on new coaching skills and their application to life and work. Reflective practice will help embed coaching and leadership skills.
- Peer coaching practice
- External Coaching
- 3 observed triad coaching skills practice sessions
- 2 short reflective assignments (1,250 words)
- Written assignment – Learner Journal (2,500 words)
Course Dates (May – October 2021)
Monday evenings (6.30-9.15)
May 17, 24. 31.
June 14, 21, 28.
September 6, 13, 20.
May 22, 29.
June 12, 19.
September 4, 18.
October 2, 16